Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Okay, so I guess I've really been "on holiday" as of late. While I was driving home from Colorado yesterday I thought " I did a post for Ruby's first birthday right? Aw crap." So lame.
Ruby - some day in the future when you can read and your browsing through mommy's lovely hard bound books full of blog posts (gotta think positive, right?) and you notice the date of this post and calculate that it's a little late, you can be mad but when you have two little tikes of your own you might be less mad. I love you to pieces little turkey.
We've had you one whole year. You've changed our lives in so many ways and while life my be little more hectic and messy with two kids instead of one, the joy, happiness, laughs, giggles, growls (yes she growls), looks, smiles, and loves have made our lives so incredible. We didn't know what we were missing!
Ruby you are so expressive. You have been from when you were just a wee little bean. Your eyes tell your story, there's no hiding how you feel. Most of the time you express excitement, wonder, and a zest for life. The world is your oyster. You understand so well what we're up to. You can wait to be big like brother. You try to put his underwear on and like to brush your teeth now, just like him. You can tell me where it hurts. That's incredible girl, your still so young.
You love your blanket. You love blanket to go everywhere with you and give it random snuggles frequently. You love to chew the fringe and often fall asleep with part of blanket stuffed in your mouth. You like to say "Hi" but can also say "Hey!" and I'm starting to detect "Da" (yeah). Taking after brother, that's how he liked to say it.
You are perfectly plump. So perfectly chunked. You're beautiful, little darling.
Ruby Jane you have given Daddy and me so much joy. We love you to pieces and can't wait to watch you grow this next year.
*tried to upload lots of photos from her birthday party but blogger is giving me fits. grrr.
Posted by Megan Cook at 10:36 PM
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Posted by Megan Cook at 8:43 PM
Thursday, September 1, 2011
I love it when...
- While driving and trying to blindly reach back and hand a treat or bottle to a fussy little cherub and feel a hot sweet chubby little hand slowly and clumsily grab whatever your handing.
- Little boy yells from the bathroom "Mom! I pooped!! Come look at it! It looks like a banana!!!"
- I lay on the floor and little girl crawls back and forth over me breathing hard and sticking her chubby little bum in my face.
- Little boy says "My dad is my best friend!"
- When little tikes are in bed, asleep, the house is clean enough, and a new Project Runway is waiting for me on the DVR.
To be continued...
Posted by Megan Cook at 10:09 PM