Yes. Still pregnant. I really thought she was going to come early. Guess not. I've been having consistent contractions on and off for days. Its like they get started for like an hour and then fizzle out. Its wearing me out emotionally and physically. So that's all I'm going to say about that. The rest of this post is going to be totally random bullet points.
- IMPORTANT: Never say to anyone, pregnant or not "You look like you're ready to explode!" Just don't say it. How can that be a good thing? There are better ways to comment on the fact that your belly is sticking out so far that it's starting to sag and you're hands and legs are swelling sickening amounts. A lady at church actually said this to me. Dave later made me feel better by telling me I should have said "I could say the same about you and you're not even pregnant!" It made me feel better. Especially because she is quite overweight.
- Sol is in a big boy bed! Thanks to his dad he now loves his new big bed. I realized that I was the one who was having a hard time with the transition. Sol moved over like it was no big deal. Dave had the great idea of showing Sol how to make a fort. They made this cool fort and were camped out in there for a while.
- Sol wanted to go night night in the fort. Dave told him instead that he should go night night in his big boy bed. He took him upstairs, laid on the bed with him and talked to him about how cool it was to sleep in a big boy bed. He then told him to go to sleep and then left. Sol did just that! He didn't try to come out once. My neighbor gave me a great suggestion. She said instead of getting one of those gates keep them from falling out of bed just roll up a blanket and put it up under the fitted sheet. You can kind of curl it around below them and it makes a sort of nest. It works great. Sol's never fallen out. And I think it makes him feel safe to be all nestled in like that.
- Dave completed an Xterra triathlon in Vail, CO. He did awesome! He improved his overall time by 30 minutes from last year. Sol and I were bummed we couldn't go with him. We're hoping to make it a family vacation next summer. He said it was gorgeous. And I think he enjoyed the guys weekend with his buddy Corey.
- Here's a random picture of my fleshy swollen hand. They're particularly bad in the morning. And you can see my fleshy little foot in there too. Lovely.
That's what's been going on for now. Hopefully the next post will bring more exciting news!