Thursday, October 30, 2008

What's up with that?

Something is wrong with this situation. Sol is asleep, Dave is asleep, Ella is asleep, and this semi-sleep deprived mommy has not slept a wink tonight. What's up with that? Does someone have a large sledge hammer they can knock me out with?! sigh...

This has become a regular occurrence lately and I'm not sure what to think of it. The only other time in my life I've been an insomniac is when I broke off an engagement and I think that was because I was feeling just a little guilty for ripping some poor guy's heart out and stamping it into a million pieces. Pretty good reason to not sleep.

However now I have every reason to sleep. Any suggestions? I tried the following:
-counting sheep (yes for real)
-reading scriptures
-reading blogs
-watching tv
-deep relaxation
-journal writing
-2 benadryll

Any of you mommy's gone through this before? Is it some weird hormone thing? A sledgehammer sounds really nice right now. ...sigh...

3 comments:

Dave Cook said...

I'm not asleep either, too many Halloween ideas for work running through my head.

Tiffany Johnson said...

I'm sorry Meg. I wish I had an answer for you. Please let me know if I can do anything to help. I hate feeling like that. You need to just come over and hang out! :-)

Cheri said...

Poor Megan. But if you note the time of this comment you will realize I have no answers, but if you get some please share.

As with you... everyone here is asleep but me.

Ahh... but it is my best time to catch up on blogs. Unfortunately not catching up on sleep. sigh.