Monday, February 6, 2012

Vertigo=mandatory time off

As Dave and I were finishing up painting our dining room Amherst Gray on Saturday I started to feel a little dizzy. I ignored the issue and pushed on. I still had lots I wanted to do and not a lot of time in the rest of the day. Dizzyness got worse until I had to sit, then lay down. Sunday morning I woke up so dizzy I couldn't walk. In fact a trip downstairs caused me to dri-heave a bit. I was flat on my back the rest of the day and most today. I'm doing a lot better. But I'm really not able to take care of my kids. Doctors orders are to lay down and get as much rest as possible. I thought it would be difficult but its actually been kind of nice. Forced down time. I can't tell you how many times in the last year alone I've wanted to just sneak off to my room and shut the door. I got to do that yesterday AND today! A little more rest tomorrow and then I should be better. I'll enjoy it while I can. Better sign off...the screen is starting to swirl...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Megan, I have had Veritigo as well. I like to call myself Lucille 2 ( arrested development you should watch that ). Anyhow it is the worst. Hope you feel better soon.

Kristy said...

Yikes, Megan! I hope you feel better soon. It's nice to have permission to lay around and do nothing, huh? Oh, and hahahaha to the Lucille 2 comment above ^^^. :)

Kris said...

Vertigo - are you kidding? How lousy. How can I help? Hang in there - glad you've gotten some rest time for sure.