Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lost in Wonderland


So every year Halloween at Omniture gets bigger and bigger. Those who don't dress up are seriously looked down upon. Departments not only dress up but they now decorate their area like a spook alley, a disco tec, a morgue, etc. Well this year my division of the company has received the direction from our VP that we will be recreating Disneyland, with different parts of the park, rides, characters, the whole 9 yards.


Well my team got assigned to create Alice in Wonderland. Guess who's Alice...yep! Yours truly. Thats not a big deal, I don't mind dressing up as a character. However, because I'm a control freak, (especially when it comes to event planning) I'm also spearheading the decorations (as if its just a little decoration). We're literally re-creating Wonderland, complete with a foggy forest with life size trees, a Queen's garden where kids can play croquet with flamingos, and every character from the story. Its going to be really really cool. Its also going to be a lot of work. But I'm really excited. We're covering the whole area with black paper and then painting it with florescent paint and then replacing all the light bulbs with black lights. Its going to be creepy yet enchanting, at least thats the goal. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. :)

2 comments:

darlajean's dream said...

You will do a fantastic job Megan!!! I am such a proud Mama!!!

Leah said...

So, can me and Drew come to work with you guys?