Sunday, October 14, 2007

Small Victories

This weekend was full of small victories. First off, I'm finally in my last week of my 1st trimester. Hooray!!! I'm supposed to start feeling better for the next few months. I've already started feeling better than I did so fingers crossed.
(NOTE: In the way of baby update, the baby is about the size of a jumbo shrimp this week. Exciting! He/she already has most of her parts, including finger prints. Cool huh?)

I'm starting to show a bit so I took my first belly picture last night. :)


Other victories include:

- New Ikea light fixture installed. This was a great deal, only $20! Yay for Ikea!
- Curtain hung. Its covering an ugly frosted window and some wires in our laundry room.
- Car seat and stroller purchased. Our first real purchase for the new baby. By the way, Ella isn't the stroller, I didn't get a picture of the stroller but its the same color as the car seat.
- We also got to babysit our friend's dog. She's sooo adorable. We had a blast with her.

7 comments:

Kris said...

cute belly! congrats on the new lamp and new car seat and stroller (not ella). the curtains look great too...how did you end up shortening the loops?

Unknown said...

Thanks! Did you notice i'm wearing your shirt? I'll show you how i shortened the loops.

Jon said...

You might enjoy this tidbit of wisdom about dogs preparing you to have children:

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/120105/fifteen-years.gif

Just jokes.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Look at your cute belly!! Yeah for baby!!

Joseph said...

Wow! The baby is sure getting big. I will have to see if I can tell if Megan has a tummy tomorrow at church.

Leah said...

Cute. But that's no baby belly. Just you wait.

Love the Ikea light.

Anonymous said...

Megs!
I love your little belly!!! What a successful weekend, it was so homey of you. I love that. I feel like your pictures were like preparations for Christmas, the hustle and bustle of getting everything just right for the holidays. Or in this case, the baby. Love ya.