Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cold and Rainy in Oregon? Weird.

Megan and I realized that we didn't have any plans to visit my parents this fall since they're coming to Utah for Christmas, so we decided to go up to Eugene to visit them last week. Luckily we can both work "from home" on our laptops so we just did that on Thursday. That way we could be up there an extra day but not take the time off at work.

On Friday night my Dad and I stayed up until around 4am playing ping-pong (or as the Chinese call it, ping-pong). I thought I was getting pretty good, but he totally killed me.

On Saturday we went on a drive to a cool little town up in the Cascades called Sisters. It looks and feels just like Jackson Hole but it's about half the size. We drove through a big snow storm on the way there and I was excited because it was the first snow we had seen so far this year.

We also stopped at this really cool waterfall:

Lucky for me I was wearing flip flops so my feet weren't freezing at all.

On Sunday we went for another drive to Triangle Lake. The scenery was amazing with all the leaves changing colors.It was really nice to see the fam and spend time with my Dad since we see my Mom about every three weeks anyway (She's even in town right now). Next time we go though we want to spend at least a week.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Beautiful scenery! So does your Dad's triumph at 4 in the morning mean you'll be over even more to improve your ping-pong gamin' skills?

Leah said...

Ha Ha. You're funny.

And I'm jealous. You guys have so much fun! But seriously, take advantage of those last minute getaways while you can. Traveling gets a bit tricky with a baby.