Friday, February 22, 2008

8.5 weeks and counting...



31 Weeks: Yeah I'm all belly :)

New Pregnancy Observations:

1. Heartburn: Sweet Mercy. Its brought me to tears at times. I'm carrying really high and so I guess that causes the heartburn to be worse and more frequent. The doctor suggested I use Zantac instead of Tums so we'll see how that goes

2. Them - "You're about ready to have that baby aren't you?"
Me - "Nope I still have about 2 months"
Them - "Oh wow...hang in there"
Enough said.

3. Belly Acrobatics: In the last few weeks he's gotten big enough that I can identify body parts as they roll across my belly. It's not so much short kicks any more but short spells of rolling, pushing, stretching, etc. Its been really fun to watch and feel. Sometimes it makes me laugh out loud to see a foot protrude as he stretches his legs or to watch him roll and then roll again trying to find a comfy position.

4. Swelling: My feet and legs get huge if I spend all day on them or wear tight shoes. Its kind of fun to press my fingers in and watch the dents stay. By fun I mean gross. :)

5. New Kind of Excitement: We're getting so close and that has brought on a new kind of excitement. We get to meet our sweet little boy in just 8.5 weeks. We get to become Mommy and Daddy. I cant wait to hold him and smell his sweet head and cover him in kisses and loves. This whole thing is so incredible!

13 comments:

KaLee said...

You are super cute! Sorry about the heartburn--not fun! I can totally empathize (is that a word) with the swelling. Makes you glad you aren't pregnant in August, doesn't it? So excited for you! ~KaLee (Lindstrom) Lopez

Dave Cook said...

Megan forgot to mention that she's in love with naked little boy bums.

Unknown said...

is there anything more adorable than a little baby boy bottom? especially with some chubby baby thighs...

Holly said...

You look so good! Don't worry about other people's comments, I once had a complete stranger tell me I was going to have a BIG baby.
I really like that picture hanging on the wall behind you and the shade of the walls.
Sorry about the heartburn. I've been there too but, gladly, I only get it when I'm pregnant.
Hang in there!

melissa said...

oh man you look great!! and baby bottoms couldn't get cuter!! late pregnancy woes-it's all worth it. i can't believe it's only 2 months left!! (thanks for pics-i love seeing you!!)

Tiffany Johnson said...

You are so cute! I can't wait for your little guy to come hang out with all of us as well. You will never be the same and you will be more in love than you ever have been before. A different kind of love, but it's so worth all the wait body woes! Oh, and YES... naked baby bums are the BEST!!! Along with the chunky thighs... it makes you want to squeeze them all the time! :-) I don't know what it is about squeezing and babies, but it fits! :-) AND... I think Dave is the obsessed one.. he just pawns it off on you so he still looks manly! :-) haha!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

For the heartburn, I have taken Papaya pills. They are just from a GNC store and I think they were just straight papaya. It really helped and I am about to go buy some more for this time, it has already started up.

And I hated my fat ankles. It was so gross how I could shape them.

It sounds like you guys are ready to go. Good luck on the count down.

Marce said...

oh meg! you look so adorable, i love it. i really really love having you so close in front of me in this incredible journey. it gets me so excited for the next steps...and it kind of helps me stay sane.

we should do yoga this week.

p.s. i love baby bottoms too.

TMB said...

Hey Dave,

This is cool that you have a blog! Congratulations on the baby...on the way, that is very exciting for you and your wife. So your skiing pics are incredible, very impressive. I haven't skiied much since my mission, but had an amazing day last week at Winter Park. Denver is a fun place to be.

You can view our blog at taylorandmarisha.blogspot.com

Jason, Natalie & Maicie said...

Hey this is Natalie. I just noticed your comment on our blog and I wanted to say hi! I told Jason we need to get together with you guys since we are so close! We need to plan something..."Maybe after the baby!" You are so close, that is so exciting! Maicie came about three weeks early and man was I ready to be done with all that! I am laughing so hard at this post you just wrote because every single thing you wrote brings back those "NOT so pleasant memories!" I had every single thing you are talking about...I am sure along with every other pregnant girl, but it still doesn't make it better! It is sure worth it in the end though! Everyone said you will just forget about all that and that's how you have more children...But I am still trying to get over it! HA HA
Anyway this is so long, but I wanted to say hello! I think you look great don't worry about what people say..I was asked if I was having twins twice! NOT FUN! Good luck with everything! Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!!! Can't wait!!!

Jenn said...

You're looking great, Megan. And oh, the heartburn- I'm right there with you. It's brought me to tears at times. I hope Zantac helps.
Isn't it amazing, feeling them roll around and poke you? I love just watching my belly. It's such an amazing process.

Kris said...

This is a great picture of you- I can't wait for the big upcoming day! And I'm with you on #5! :-)