Monday, February 11, 2008

Frozen Hog


So Ben and I tackled the Frozen Hog bike race on February 2nd. I've wanted to do it for years and Ben needed to try out his new mountain bike, so what better way to do that than a 7 mile bike race in the snow?

This year was particularly tough, the website says, "This year the trail featured a longer loop, more twists and turns, and more climbing. Sport riders faced their longest and toughest Hog, in a year when conditions conspired to make things even tougher." You can read on the site that the first loop wasn't that bad, but the second one got all churned up from all the riders and most of us walked probably 75% of it. Last year's winner came in in 32 minutes with the slowest time being 1:23. This year the winner came in at 1:03, Ben and I came in at just over 2 hours.


For a sweet shot of Ben biting it hard face first into the snow, watch this video at 1:03.



Megan and Ella came and watched too. It was fun to have them there and Ella was excited to get out and play in the snow.


In the end it was ton of fun, not too bad of a race. I'm sure we'll do it again next year, but since I talked Ben into doing this one with me he's making me do the Bear Lake Classic road race (52 miles) with him in May. It shouldn't be too bad as long as I can fit into the tight clothes.

1 comments:

Tiffany Johnson said...

K, that video of Ben crashing IS pretty funny, I have to admit! :-) Sounds fun... wait, fun as in FREEZING SWEAT and snow in your face.. what a blast! hahah! glad it was you and not me. more power to ya!!