Thursday, March 27, 2008

My first cutesy crafty mom type thing to make the holiday extra special...

I kind of forgot about Easter this year. I forgot about getting Easter decorations out. I didn't really plan any sort of meal, and the Easter Bunny didn't come. I'm not really doing the 'make the holiday extra special' mom type thing yet by making cute crafty treats and surprises for the family, but I know Dave kind of gets excited about that kind of thing. So in order to redeem myself I decided to make an Easter treat after church on Sunday. I made these and was kind of proud of them. It really couldn't get much more simple. I put dyed green coconut on frosted cupcakes and put what easter candy I hadn't yet devoured on top. They're easter basket cupcakes - and I can always get into cupcakes. :) Maybe this will be our new easter tradition...

8 comments:

Dave Cook said...

Yes, they were oh so delicious as well...

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Those looks awesome for your First Cutesy Crafty mom type thing!! I am sure there will be more of that coming. It just seems to happen right when you have a baby!

I can't believe you are less than a month away. I am super jealous. I just asked Jordan to ask Dave what you have been taking for heartburn. Mine just kick it up, like 10 notches!! The BURN.

Tiffany Johnson said...

I would agree with Dave! They WERE so delicious! Thanks for making the special trip to bring us some that night... ANd they were the perfect treat for the movie! Not to mention they looked adorable! Check out all that craftiness coming out! It's bound to happen! :-)

Unknown said...

Well considering you didn't get any... I failed to mention that I gave all the cupcakes away and then ate the few that I had saved for Dave and I before he had a chance to try any. I know, I should have saved him at least 1, but I'm 9 months pregnant, and I LOVE cupcakes! I'm making another batch just for Dave tonight.

Dave Cook said...

Mmmmm boy!

Kris said...

They were very yummy and hit my frosting craving that I get every now and again (or more like every week) :-) Way to go on the craftiness!

Michelle said...

Megan!!!! this is michelle, not brandon. Hooray for you finding me!! You are one of my favorite "I wonder where that pretty girl is and hope she finds my blog" gals. :) and hooray for a new baby. we had a boy first, and I loved the phrase "boys are best!" enjoy enjoy enjoy, how fabulous. me and brandon are in idaho falls, have been for about 3 years after seattle, but we're about ready to bust a new adventure! I'm still lips sealed, but check my blog in the next couple of weeks, and we'll announce (and no, it's not another baby. :) )

good luck on this next couple of weeks!! peace out :)

camille said...

Wow Megan looks delicious
I finally found your blog.
I cant believe only 22 days,I hope your feeling o.k, your at the home stretch.
I am so sorry I missed you baby shower but after work on Friday I didn't feel so good. But I have something for you,I see Dave Friday so I will give it to him.
I love you guys
and I cant wait to meet this little guy
Camille