Sunday, March 28, 2010

girl. ...I mean GIRL!

That's right! Baby is a girl! We're so very excited. I've felt very strongly all along that this baby is a girl but I knew it could just be hormones. I'd be just as excited about a little boy and probably a lot less nervous. Girl is uncharted territory for me. I love little boys, they are so much fun and in many ways they are so easy. So I know this little rose petal will be a new challenge for all of us. But we couldn't be happier!

Sol came to the ultra sound appointment. I expected him to be bored in after a few minutes of the fuzzy, grainy video but he was as mesmerized as we were by seeing our dear little peanut on the tv. She looked beautiful. Sol kept saying "Baby?" over and over and pointing to the screen. Once we learned she was a girl and told him it was his sister he kept saying "Sister? Sister?" and pointing to the screen. It was so awesome. Its incredible to make a family 'where there once was none.'

10 comments:

Kipp and Gelsey said...

Congrats Megan! That is so exciting! You will be just fine with a girl... you grew up with two sisters, afterall!

M and D said...

MEGS!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRLS RULE!! We are SOOOO SOOO SOOO excited for you. We love you and let me know when ever you're ready for girl advice...we know a little;-).

Kristy said...

Congratulations! I have no girl advice for you, but I know you guys will do great! :)

a harper girl said...

Thats very exciting, congrats! Girls are so adorable...you'll have lots of fun!

Marce said...

Megan! This is soooo exciting! I'm so sorry that I never returned your phone call months ago...I seriously have your name on a post-it by my phone & charger and see it everyday and think "today's the day i'm catching up with megan!" and then....9:00 pm rolls around and i think...CRAP! i'm terrible. anyway, i'm so glad you'll get to have a girl. i love little boys, but there's just something special about the mommy/daughter relationship (and the daddy/daughter one) - they are so sweet and loving...and indeed, dramatic! :) all the bows tights and flowers are fun too. anyway, about the Elmo stuff (which i'm sure you've already found tons of)- we have tons of Elmo's world DVD's that you can just buy at Target or Walmart- some of Ellie's favorites are "What Makes Elmo Happy" and "the Street on Which We Live"...there are tons of cute ones though...Ellie also loves Sesame street-- but we record specific ones that have Elmo and o ther characters she really likes. Anyway, sorry this is so long- I miss you tons and hope all is well with you guys and your new home. It's lovely and you guys deserve it all and so much more! Sending you a big hug,
Marci

Holly said...

Congratulations, how fun! Girl is also uncharted territory for me, so it'll be fun to keep up on your experiences through the amazing world of blogging!

Miranda Johnson said...

We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet her. Congratulations!

Jamie said...

That is so exciting! Girls are tons of fun! Let me know the colors so I can get started on the quilt.

Lynley said...

Awesome! Congratulations! Now the pressure is off for number 3! ;)

Jacee McGuire said...

Congrats! I love little girls! She is going to be a cutie!