Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crazy-train

First off, sorry to leave the mushy post up there for so long. That post was really just for me and I realize it could have been a little nauseating for some. Thanks for indulging me.

So I've kind of been in my own world for the past few weeks. I'm definitely on the crazy train, the end of pregnancy horemone fest where I'm either a) really frustrated and angry with everyone around me and especially myself for no great reason. b) weepy and sad about my current condition (I just know I'll be pregnant forever!) c) bouncing off the walls with energy to get things done before this baby comes. And while the list of things to get done before baby comes does get smaller, I keep adding to it so it really won't ever be done. I'm kind of crazy and I know it. Sorry Dave.

I've kind of lost all my social skills as I often find myself staring at someone who's talking to me with a blank 'stupor of thought' look on my face, having no idea what they're saying and nothing in particular going on in my brain. I don't really feel like talking, especially small talk with strangers. I about decked the cute little hostess who sat Dave and me at Chili's the other night because she said "2 and a half?" with a cute little smirk on her face while she eyed my bulging belly. Not a reasonable reaction to someone who's kindly nodding to the fact that you're 9 months pregnant and look like you should have given birth yesterday. When she brought crayons and a kids menu to the table to really send the joke home I shot her a seriously dirty look. That's really not like me. But I'm afraid I've turned into prego-zilla. Rahhhrrrrr.

So a few weeks ago I started having contractions off and on, nothing consistent but real contractions none the less. These have basically carried on for the last 2 weeks, some days being worse than others. I'm getting tired. Baby girl keeps dropping and then dropping more, and then dropping more. She's really ready to come. Sometimes I'm afraid she's going to suddenly stick her head out and say "whats up mom?"

And I don't know if it's horemones but I'm freaked out about loving another baby. I know I'm going to love her as much as I love Sol and something about that scares me. I think it scares me how much I love Solomon because I know how vulnerable that makes me. When I think of having another, part of me somewhere in my head is going "WHAT? You're going to add another amazing cherub to your world?! You're nuts! They they have your heart, what if something happens and you get crushed forever?" And that little nagging fear really flares up when I start to have contractions. Is this normal? I've been pregnant for 9 months and now in the last few weeks the idea is starting to really freak me out. I know I can handle it. I know we'll be happier being a family. But it scares the whits out of me to think of loving another child as much as I love Sol. Maybe that's why I keep starting contractions and then stopping, my subconscience is screaming "SLOW DOWN!"

On the other hand I can't handle staying in the prego-zilla condition for much longer. I'll make myself and everyone around me crazy. She'll be here soon. In fact she's so close I can almost smell her. I'll see her and instantly fall in love with her and everything will be right in the world. For now, I'm on the crazy train. Be warned. :)

On a happier note, Sol is so much fun right now. He's really such a good boy and only goes to time out for roughing up Ella (the dog). He thinks its so funny to chuck something big at her or jump on her and watch her scramble to get out of the way. He's such a boy. Ella still loves him though she's a little nervous around him.

We spent some time with extended and immediate family up in Idaho this last week which was really great. Sol had a blast on the 'forver' (four wheeler) and swiming in Grandma's ditch. He loved playing with his cousins and riding in Grandpa's boat.

On the way home we had some drama with Mazdy car. The engine blew up. I guess you could call that drama. Luckily we were in Layton and made it to a Walmart parking lot where we could call Dave's sis that lives in the area. They rescued us and helped us tow Mazdy to the car hospital where they are still troubleshooting the problem. It's not looking good. Dave loves that car almost as much as he loves peanut butter bars so he's rather distraught over the whole thing. Especially because it doesn't yet have 100k miles on it and its just out of warranty.

Oh well, at least its a car and not one of us.

Well if you're still reading I'm impressed. This is one looong post. Here are some recent pics for the skimmers...

Fathers Day. While trying to get Sol to say 'Cheese,' Dave pulled the 3rd grade class picture smile out. Nice.

Sol's new skill: somersaults. He really just rolls around on the ground but he fully believes he's somersaulting like the big kids.

Swimming in the ditch.

My family had a lovely baby shower for me where I felt very loved and showered. I'm not thrilled with the pics as I realize I'm all boobs, belly, and elephant legs. Oh well. The shower was still great!

AF City parade!

Sol discovers they throw candy.


It was a long parade. Thankfully uncle Steve had his phone with the Helicopter video to keep Sol entertained.

ttfn! Hopefully the next post I write will be a little less crazy. However, I make no promises.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

You're so funny. I would have loved to see that dirty look you gave that girl--priceless!

OP is starting to do "somersaults" too! I'm afraid he's going to snap his little neck in half while attempting it, so it's not something I'm really encouraging!

I'm with you on freaking out about having 2 kids and trying to split your affection--how on earth can you do that?! If you figure it out, let me know!

Hang in there--only a couple more weeks and then (from what I hear) real crazy time starts!

See you Saturday! :)

Dave Cook said...

You always do your best work at 4:15 in the morning. :)

M and D said...

Oh my gosh, Megs...I was laughing SO LOUD!!! I think about your post and start laughing all over again. Hang in there girlfriend. It WILL and does get better. She will come out and you will be socially exceptable again:). I love ya lots and I can't wait to see her.

PS Why was I not invited to your baby shower?? I thought we were BFFBM?

Claire said...

Oh Megan!!!! I loved this post! I TOTALLY relate to you in many of those ways!!!! I am so ready for baby to be here, but at the same time thinking "oh crap..then what?" I am SO GLAD you got a baby shower for baby girl!!! Fun fun! Try to remember (as I have to remind myself) "and this too shall pass" haha and just think...you get a sweet girl out of it :) Good luck in the next few days!!!!! :) :)

Marce said...

OH my gosh i love you so much. this post made me laugh out loud- mostly because i relate so much. i mean, i'm only 6 months a long...3 long hot months to go...and yet, i'm already prego-zilla. and wondering, how on earth is it possible that God is entrusting me with a human again? i mean, i'm so glad He is. but, seriously. some days, i wonder. and i hope in my heart of hearts that i wont' be pregnant forever....because being pregnant suuuucks. but i have these dreams sometimes that i get this disease that makes me perpetually pregnant, and that, my friend, is a nightmare.

wow, this is an insanely random comment. but i just wanted to say that i love you, and can't wait for your beautiful little girl to make her debut into this world! you are lovely. and i know she will be too!

hug,
Marci

Tiffany Johnson said...

Oh man.. i laughed at this.. really hard. You are such a funny person.. that's why I love you so much.

HAHAHAH! I can see in my head that urge bulging to deck your waitress.... I wish I could have been there.

I'm excited to see baby girl cook. You're such a good mom. I look up to you in so many ways...(i've realized I never put in one period after a sentance, but three. I need to go back to highschool.)

Love ya!

Jean Bean said...

I love that you envision that little girl poking her head out and greeting you with a hip, "What's up, mom?"! haha, that was too funny, although I bet it IS super scary too.

You are such a fun and funny and real writer.

On another note, I promise I really did like a lot your last post about Dave. It didn't make me roll my eyes like some do because I know you had your share of heartbreak. And that, for some reason, makes me rejoice that you have found love.