Thursday, July 29, 2010

You're still here?

Yes. Still pregnant. I really thought she was going to come early. Guess not. I've been having consistent contractions on and off for days. Its like they get started for like an hour and then fizzle out. Its wearing me out emotionally and physically. So that's all I'm going to say about that. The rest of this post is going to be totally random bullet points.

  • IMPORTANT: Never say to anyone, pregnant or not "You look like you're ready to explode!" Just don't say it. How can that be a good thing? There are better ways to comment on the fact that your belly is sticking out so far that it's starting to sag and you're hands and legs are swelling sickening amounts. A lady at church actually said this to me. Dave later made me feel better by telling me I should have said "I could say the same about you and you're not even pregnant!" It made me feel better. Especially because she is quite overweight.
So this is how I look, right now as a write this. I'm kind of hot and sweaty even though it says its 70 degrees in here. I'm hot. I've got prego face. My belly is really big. I thought about retaking it but what's the point? Do I look like I'm 'ready to explode!'? Don't you dare say yes.

  • Sol is in a big boy bed! Thanks to his dad he now loves his new big bed. I realized that I was the one who was having a hard time with the transition. Sol moved over like it was no big deal. Dave had the great idea of showing Sol how to make a fort. They made this cool fort and were camped out in there for a while.
pretending to sleep...

  • Sol wanted to go night night in the fort. Dave told him instead that he should go night night in his big boy bed. He took him upstairs, laid on the bed with him and talked to him about how cool it was to sleep in a big boy bed. He then told him to go to sleep and then left. Sol did just that! He didn't try to come out once. My neighbor gave me a great suggestion. She said instead of getting one of those gates keep them from falling out of bed just roll up a blanket and put it up under the fitted sheet. You can kind of curl it around below them and it makes a sort of nest. It works great. Sol's never fallen out. And I think it makes him feel safe to be all nestled in like that.

  • Dave completed an Xterra triathlon in Vail, CO. He did awesome! He improved his overall time by 30 minutes from last year. Sol and I were bummed we couldn't go with him. We're hoping to make it a family vacation next summer. He said it was gorgeous. And I think he enjoyed the guys weekend with his buddy Corey.
Can you tell which one is Dave? ...me neither.

  • Here's a random picture of my fleshy swollen hand. They're particularly bad in the morning. And you can see my fleshy little foot in there too. Lovely.
  • Here's random pic of my adorable saucey pants.
  • Here's a self portrait:

  • Our bounteous harvest:
That was just one day! The garden has been a success so far. I've definitely learned somethings not to do next year (like don't plant your squash next to your watermelon or you'll have squashy watermelon, not so good). But it's so fun to actually be able to watch, pick and then eat the literal fruits of your labors. Everyone should grow a garden!

That's what's been going on for now. Hopefully the next post will bring more exciting news!

6 comments:

M and D said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I remember when this was me two years ago with Madelyn. Everyone said the same line to me everytime they saw me... "YOU'RE STILL HERE?" I wanted to wear a sign that said DUH...YOU'RE LOOKING AT ME!!!! I too was told how HUGE I was and all those fun things. I am with Dave though. You can look at those people and say that you are pregnant...what is there excuse for looking like they do?? Just remember it will all be over soon. Love you and hang in there...

Jamie said...

I totally can sympathize. I heard that all the time with Blake. It's the worst when a family member says it. You look fabulous! Can't wait to see pics of your little girl.
Sol is so grown up! Congrats on the bed transition. Not looking forward to that with my little guy.
Sending wishes your way for a quick and easy delivery. Good luck!

Claire said...

oooh megan...i'm RIGHT THERE with you- honestly! My feet wont go down at all with the swelling. Even my DR is one that says "well, your feet are bad...and you're pretty big." THANKS DOC!!!! And your garden is AMAZING! I love the harvest picture so way to go!!!! Good luck with the heat, not sleeping, resisting the urge to say rude things or clock people when they say rude comments, etc. I'm prayin for you and me both woman! :) love ya!

Marce said...

i love you for posting pictures of your feet and hands and belly at this stage of pregnancy. seriously! you look lovely. when i was a week late with Ellie, i just felt like a huge elephant tromping along, and remember thinking to myself, "where can i buy one of those invisibility cloaks from Harry Potter?" because i wanted people to stop looking at me...though it was prett-y dang hard to miss me. sigh.
when's your exact due date? hopefully you don't go too far overdue. but even if you do, just know, it does end (right? i keep telling myself this every day)...and you'll have a beautiful little girl who will make it all worth it (who i can't wait to see pictures of!) and your elastic skin will deflate and you'll have new things to worry about :)
I love your garden pic's- and mostly i love the pic's of Sol. such a big boy! wish we were still close so we could get our kiddos together and play. miss you lots! hug.

Melissa said...

Pregnancy sure isn't fun for the body! You look great though-your family looks great-your harvest looks yummy :) Good luck welcoming the new one into the world!! Can't wait! :)

Kipp and Gelsey said...

I think a good response for the explode comment would have been, "What do you mean? I'm not pregnant!" Then you would have really had her squirming...
Can't wait to hear news about the new baby!