Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gratitude

Since I posted my 'Help' post I've had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for all that I have. I received some great comments to that post that really helped me to know that I'm not alone and that I CAN do this. I thought I'd share some of the main points people shared with me:

  • Mom guilt - every mom constantly feels like she's falling short in one way or another. Its universal.
  • We need time doing our own thing. Not something for the kids, the house, or the hubby. Do something for just you and do it a few times a week. Make it a priority.
  • Spend extra one on one time with each kid (if and when you can) when they are feeling extra needy. This may mean ignoring your messy house, the computer, or something else you'd really like to do.
  • "This too shall pass"
  • Remember - they are little. They are learning. Appreciate their craziness.
  • Just do your best, and accept your best.
  • Draw help from heaven. Pray like crazy and trust Heavenly father.
I'm so grateful for your suggestions. I've tried most of these things over the last 3 weeks and have noticed a positive change in myself and in my kids. Thank you, thank you! I love you all!

1 comments:

Karen and Mike said...

Oh Megan, I just read those last posts. I am glad things are starting to get better. Motherhood is not for wimps! You are a tough woman. You are surely not alone.

I was talking to an older friend whose kids are all grown and I was telling her how hard my 4 year old was/is and she told me something that helped me out a lot. She said, Nate knows that he is a hard and challenging, but that is why you are his mom. He came here to earth to YOU because he knew and Heavenly Father knew that YOU could help him overcome His challenges. That really made me realize how important my role is. It's not just about putting 3 meals a day on the table and cleaning up messes, and somehow keeping the kids clean. It's about working to overcome our shortcomings and helping our children overcome their challenges all while loving them unconditionally. It makes everything else seem like non-sense.
Hang in there Megan! We're all in this together!