Monday, January 14, 2008

Prego Mego

Prego me at 26 weeks.

I kept forgetting to take a new belly pic so his morning I took one of myself in our bedroom mirror. I'm 26 weeks today! Kind of exciting, kind of scary. I start my 3rd trimester next week. Its crazy how fast this second trimester has gone. The first took FOREVER, but since I've felt better it's flown.

New pregnancy discoveries:

-Feet in ribs: The first time I felt his feet in my ribs I was afraid to move because I thought if I bent the wrong way it would break his little legs. It was really excited though, feeling little feet in your ribs has to be a pregnancy right of passage. NOTE: He's decided that my ribs are the perfect place for his little tosies, they're almost always there.

-Grace is not a word I'd use to describe me: With the increase of blood (40% increase) you body works much harder to do pretty much everything. Hurrying is kind of difficult, I can still speed walk but when I stop I'm huffing and puffing. Don't even ask me to run up a flight of stairs. I can do it but it's not pretty. I can't really slide between narrow spaces any more with any dignity, if my belly fits then my booty doesn't.

-Have you picked a name yet? Don't answer this question! Even if the person doesn't come right out and shoot down your favorites the grimace on their face says plenty. I've learned to just say, "no, not yet".

-Ghetto Booty! I didn't realize that my booty would get so much bigger. Not only does it pop out to off set the major popage going on in the front, it just gets bigger. I just hope this isn't permanent!

Overall I feel great! This pregnancy has been really good. There's still lots to do in the next 3 months, but I have such great family and friends and a really great hubby. I know everything will work out.

Here's a link showing how the baby is developing right now:
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-26-weeks_1115.bc


13 comments:

melissa said...

oh Megan, you look so cute!! I remember my last week at work at 39 weeks prego and I was rushing around trying to finish things up for my classes-I'd climb up the stairs and be breathing so hard I couldn't talk and everyone was like "do you need a break??" I thought I felt fine-but pregnancy sure does make your body work!! so happy for you!

melissa said...

p.s. your hair looks pretty-i think it's the longest i've ever seen it :)

Lynley said...

You look adorable in that pic! I learned not to tell my baby's name too! I would just say "No, we don't know yet", even though we totally did!

Holly said...

I never thought it would be so hard to come up with baby names and after all that effort, arguing, and finally finding one that you love, it's pretty hard when others don't like it. I totally understand the 'grimace' thing! But whatever name you pick will be perfect and your baby belly looks so cute! Good luck!

Jacee McGuire said...

You look so good and very cute. The second trimester does cruise by. That cute little baby will be here before you know it.

Jenn said...

Megan, you look great! And I'm totally with you on the baby name thing. It's fun to see someone just a few steps ahead of me... isn't it crazy how quickly it's going by?

Kris said...

I love the picture! I can't wait to see the little guy so I can kiss those pesky little feet and toes that keep gravitating to your ribs. :-)

Jessica said...

so cute you are. Hey what is this we hear about Dave being in the bishopric?

Jessica said...

so cute you are. Hey what is this we hear about Dave being in the bishopric?

Marce said...

meg, you are so CUTE! i love this picture, and the adorable maternity shirt you are wearing. i hope i look as great as you do!

p.s. i'm glad to know that the eratic emotions aren't just MY symptom of pregnancy. isn't this all just such an adventure? i'm glad i have your footsteps to follow in...

Tiffany Johnson said...

MEGAN! You did it! I LOVE it! Such a great picture. Your little guy will LOVE it when he gets older. You look so cute! I loved your description of what's going on with your pregnancy.. it's all so true. I love that you are experiencing it though. It's the best. You'll look back and go...WOW.. I did that! That's amazing! You look adorable!

Heidi said...

Hi Megan!! You are such an adorable pregnant girl!! I just felt fat and bloated the entire time. You are so stylish! I'm excited to see more pictures when you have the time. Hope all is going well for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You look good, Megan. Hard to believe you're in the home stretch! It gets exciting from here on out.