Thursday, August 28, 2008

Family Reunion

We spent last week in Idaho for a family reunion and play time. It was a badly needed break for Dave and I and we complete enjoyed it! We went to a cabin south of McCall ID for the first part of the week for the Glen Whipple Family Reunion. Then we spent the rest of the week in Burley with extended family and skiing on the river. Here are some pics, okay lots of pics :





Sol taking a break during our drive. He hates (no I'm not exagerating) his carseat. :)

Sweet yummy smiles!
Daddy and Sol. Such handsome guys.



Sol grabbing his toes



Grandma talking to Sol, Sol loves his Grandma! Sol rides in his pack on the way to our day camp site at Payette Lake.

Hottie Dave at Payette Lake in McCall

Mason

River by the cabin, so beautiful. Its like therapy.

We took a swim

Princess Madelyn

Grandpa, Madelyn, and Mason dancing on the deck. Again, sooo beautiful. (sigh)


Matthew and Michelle, our lovely hosts. Michelle cooked all the food and it was so delicious and satisfying.

Sol fell in love with my cousin's daughter, Abigail. He spent this entire evening being very fussy until she came in and started talking to him. She has such a calm spirit, they totally connected. It was really cool. Even when she was holding him, and he was half sliding off her lap his eyes were glued to hers. He had this silly smile on his face. They must have known each other in the preexistence.



I am in love with these eyes.

Sol at the river.

Blue Eyes

Total Sick Dave!
Michelle's birthday party, she's 25!


Mason helping Michelle blow out the candles

Mason eying the cake.

My pretty Grandma, serving cake.

8 comments:

Michelle Williams said...

Great pics. Thanks for posting these!

Lisa said...

what a cute little family you have! blogs are so fun. i linked your blog to mine. hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

those pictures are beautiful! Sol does have the most gorgeous eyes...love that kid.
And the pictures of where you stayed- breathtaking!!! I loved that you said it was like therapy...so true

darlajean's dream said...

What wonderful Photos Megan!!! I love that little baby Sol, what joy he brings to my heart!

Leah said...

Wow, wait, WHERE did you go? That is gorgeous.

And so is Sol. What a cutie pie.

Kris said...

So much fun - I'm jealous! I love the pics of sol in his green hoodie. He's so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Sol, has gotten so big!! He is so beautiful. I hope you are all well, we miss you all lots! Julie
e-mail juliec75@msn.com

Jean Bean said...

These are such darling pictures! Oh my goodness, Sol is just beautiful!!! I am sure you are too - the masterful woman behind the camera. :) I love you so much, Sweet Pea. It makes my soul happy to see your happy family.