Saturday, February 27, 2010

Home!

I've avoided blogging much about our home search so as not to jinx us or cause undue excitement. But I think I'm safe in announcing...that after much searching and 2 moves, and years of planning and saving, we got a house! Not just any house, OUR house. I took a little video with my iPod so show friends and family. (If you're neither of those then don't feel obligated to watch it)

Here it is!



Seriously, I'm a little jealous of myself. :)

What I mean is I never thought we could have gotten a home this nice. We feel so very blessed. It hasn't come without sacrifice. We lived in 1100 square ft for the last 4 years in our lovely little 1973 mushroom house. And I had to keep telling myself, "be grateful for what you have, you could be living in a grass hut with no running water!" We've loved our little home and have been so very grateful for the wonderful people we met and became such good friends with in our time there. In fact if we'd had more room we would have stayed longer. But this move has been a long time coming. It feels like we've been talking about it for years. Our patience paid off. We'll be moving in a couple weeks!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

congratulations. this looks wonderful. and it sounds like you guys are doing it the right way..after much planning and saving. hooray for you.

and thanks for the she'sync moment. I don't care who you are...

finally, my new bags are totally doable! and free. (with an option to buy the rights to make and sell, which is even better for me at the moment.) go to madebyrae.blogspot.com and find "buttercup bag" on the left sidebar. enjoy!

Kipp and Gelsey said...

Congratulations, Megan! How exciting for you guys... the house looks beautiful! It will be nice to have the extra space when the new little one comes along...
Again, congrats!!!

Jamie said...

Congrats! Very exciting! It's a good looking house.

nest said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting for you guys. A house you can be in for a while.

Rachel said...

Megan! Love the house! :) Sol and Ella look right at home already!

Tiffany Johnson said...

YAY! So, I find it a little unsettling that we haven't spoken in over a week. However, I understand completely. I just wish I was more help with the move. Let me know if I can do anything. I want to come visit ASAP!

Jean Bean said...

Oh Megan!! This is so totally exciting! Congratulations!!! I think the house fits you perfectly...so jazzy yet classy. And ps: I find it amazing that you can make videos like that, all fading in and out and with music. Seriously. Very cool.

melissa said...

YAY for the Cooks!! So happy for you (only a little jealous-we're still in our 1100 sq ft phase ;) It's BEAUTIFUL! Where is it at?? I still miss y'all...and Utah. I thought I'd love being back in Texas, and it turns out, I liked Utah more than I thought :) Congrats!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

So fun! It will be nice to be home! Thanks for supporting Becky through everything :)Tara

Kevin Winzeler said...

Awesome you guys! COngrats....looks sweet!

eden&mike said...

CONGRATS GUYS! Looks amazing and beautiful. So, I guess I'll need to get a new address to come and visit in June when I get to play in Utah for a month! WAHOO!- Im seriously so proud of you both for going against the grain of self indulgence and living beyond your means. Its tough to not fall into that. At times it feels so hard, and then you get the payoff of so much more in the end, after the sacrifice.-Reminds me of this weeks Sunday school lesson on Jacob being sold into slavery by his brothers. Even though he was in physical bondage, he wasnt in spiritual bondage, and that was so much more FREEDOM.- Same with saving for a home or buying what you can afford...FREEDOM for sure!

Debbie said...

WOW Dave and Megan!!! WAY WAY WAY Cool and definitely worth the wait. Sacrifice makes blessings so much sweeter, eh? The house looks perfect the way it is! What color did you paint the kitchen? Time for a new post you painters, you!