Friday, April 9, 2010

a couple weeks ago...

We looked like this. We were getting ready to move to move from Saratoga to our new home in AF. We didn't have much furniture as we'd used my cousins while living in her house. So our house looked like this:
As often happens when securing a mortgage we learned our move would be pushed back a week. So instead of waiting in our big empty home for a week, a week when Dave would be mostly gone at a conference, Sol and I decided to take a trip to Laramie to hang out with G&G for week.

While there we went to look at the trains:
It snowed while we were there (no big surprise) and Sol really wanted to put his feet in the snow. We kept telling him it was too cold for bare feet but he insisted. So...
Sol loves to eat snow. "Margon" (Grandma in Sol speak) would fill a little cup full of snow for sol to snack on in doors where it was warm. He ate cup after cup.

We had a great week in Laramie, very relaxing. My mom came back to Utah with us to help us move. My sister and her kids came to help as well. I needed muscle where I'm pregnant so they were a huge help. My dad came on the weekend when we actually moved all the big stuff. He was a really big help too!

We all enjoyed some Rock Band, kids included:

And then we moved.

(insert fun moving pics here)

I fully intended to document the big event but when it came down to it, taking pictures was never a priority. But we made it! We're all here and so is our stuff. Here's a picture of the view from our front window.

We're so glad to be home.

2 comments:

M and D said...

I cannot say it enough...SOL is the CUTEST kid(besides my own) that I have ever seen!! Seriously, you guys have some magic juice to make your kids so cute!! LOVE and miss you!

Kris said...

What a great "Margon" Sol has to give him cup after cup of snow. That made me laugh. :-) Glad you're home, moved and mostly settled. Love your house!