Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful Boy"

I finally got my 20 week ultrasound today (even thought I'm actually 24 weeks, its a long story). Because I was further a long we got to see our little guy in great detail because he's bigger and more developed. This picture is amazing, a little profile of his face. While watching this profile we could see him opening and closing his mouth and his little toungue. He was swallowing amiotic fluid... yum.

She measured him and he's about 1 lb 9 oz and just over a foot long. He was sitting in a funny postion. His one hand was up pushing on the placenta. His other hand was tucked into his body. His one leg was up in front of his face, yoga style (takes after mommy) and his other was down kind of indian style. He was sitting right on my bladder. They said every thing looks great. I think he looks amazing. It blows my mind that everything can work so perfectly, that my body make a perfect baby boy.

8 comments:

darlajean's dream said...

What a beautiful baby boy! I can hardly wait to spoil him!!! What a sweet blessing babies are!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan, He is a beautiful Boy. I had better get busy on teh crib. Love, Dad

Holly said...

How exciting! Glad to hear he's healthy and that things are going well. Happy New Year!

Shawn Colloton said...

Congratulations again. This is a great shot.

melissa said...

what an amazingly beautiful picture! I LOVE ultrasounds! they are so cool! pregnancy, babies, it's all very amazing to me. wish we could see ya!

Kris said...

Yea! I bet seeing Dave Jr. makes him seem more real (although the sitting on the bladder makes him very real as well)! Great picture!

Leah said...

So fun! Boys are so great. I sure love mine.

Tiffany Johnson said...

K, i'm retarded.. I saw this picture when I was scanning it for you.. check out how observant I am. It is a GREAT picture though! So cute!!!!