Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Powder to the People.

Okay, I was waiting to post this because I didn't want to post over the baby pictures like I thought this was more important, but now Megan replaced the baby with kitchen shots, so I think I'm clear. My friend Kevin called me up at like 11pm one night during the Christmas break saying he had a free pass to the Canyons the next day and it just so happened to be snowing like crazy. So I took care of some work stuff, called in sick the next morning, and went.

What a perfect day. I normally don't like skiing The Canyons because the snow isn't as good as other resorts in Utah and it takes forever to get anywhere. However, it does help when you have a free pass, 3 ft of fresh, some locals to show you around, and a friend who's a professional photographer. Here are some of the shots Kevin got of me:



I really like both of them for different reasons. It was a lot of fun to scope out lines and just blow through the powder getting as many face shots as possible.

By the way, everyone should really check out his site, www.kevinwinzeler.com. He really is talented and can shoot some great stuff if you ever need a photographer. He has some calendars for sale right now too, you should buy some.

3 comments:

Tiffany Johnson said...

So I just checked out that website and you are right.. he is amazing! I wish I was that good at photography! Great pictures from skiing too!

Shawn Colloton said...

1st: Need the url to your friend the photog. Love his work and was hoping to show some people at work.

2nd: Would like the URL for that mountain bike video. John would love to see that again.

3rd: So now that you're in the bishopric you find that you don't have as much time to blog? Or, is it that you simply don't have a life now?

Additionally, might I suggest purell hand sanitizer. I got sick the first month of that calling just from shaking everyone's germ covered hands and handling their sickness covered tithing.

I'm really not a pessimist or anything. I just play one on television.

Michelle Williams said...

I tagged you. Go to my blog for details. http://michelledwilliams.blogspot.com