Thursday, April 24, 2008

Surviving



I took this picture after Solomon's bath today. I thought we needed a picture to commemorate our first week together. We made it! I didn't realize how much learning would go on between Sol and me just in our first 9 days together. I've learned so much about his personality, about what he likes, his patterns, what he doesn't like, what works, what doesn't work. Its amazing. He's learning to be patient with his new awkward parents and to trust and love them. He turns toward our voices and looks for us when we speak. He's really amazing.

This week has been difficult, baby Solomon spent a lot of time fussing and crying as though he were in pain. It killed me to see him hurt and to not know how to fix it. Sometime he would spend his whole awake time with this scared little look on his face, like "Mom, why does it hurt?" With the post pregnancy hormones I was a mess. I took our sweet boy to the doctor this morning and they determined he had reflux. We got some medicine for him and already we're seeing a big difference. My little boy is back to his normal self. He's much calmer and so am I.

I'm glad to have the first of the first done with. It make me excited to know things will just get better and better.

10 comments:

Kris said...

I love how awake and alert he is in this picture - what a doll! I need more Solomon time! Nasty reflux - what a bummer, but at least things will get better now that you know what the culprit was!

Tiffany Johnson said...

First of all, you look great! Second of all, he is adorable! And Third of all, i'm so sorry about the reflux and trying to figure all that out. It's the worst, isn't it?? I hate when babies are sick and can't tell you how to fix it. As a mother, it does kill you. I'm so glad he's feeling better! I hope it just keeps getting better and better!

Dave Cook said...

So funny, he's like looking right at the camera, totally clueless.

Andy said...

Congrats you two (or should I say THREE!). He is so adorable and I love his bright and alert little eyes. Oh and we love his name too, by the way!
--andy & gav

melissa said...

i totally understand the post-preg hormones-they hit me HARD! And it is so hard to see the little ones try to understand this world and pain etc...keep smiling though-everyone will make it and it'll be wonderful! you both look great!

Marce said...

dang that he had reflux. i'm so glad they were able to find out what the problem was so soon, though (even though to you, i'm sure it felt like FOREVER!). what a relief! you guys are such a dynamite duo! so cute together. it's getting me so excited!

Heidi said...

Oh Megan, he is so beautiful!! You guys are adorable. It does just get better and better, you are going to just love it!!

Anonymous said...

It's touching - the love you feel for your baby. Glad to hear everything turned out well!

Erin and Corey said...

Congrats, Megan! I haven't really had a chance to tell you that yet. I was telling Dave the other day how stinkin cute Solomon is. He was cute right out of the gate. You look great, too. I'm glad to hear the medicine helped him. I'd go crazy, too, even without the post labor stuff. Hope you are doing well! Omniture misses you:)

Morgan Family said...

Megan you both look great. He really is such a cute baby! I am sorry to hear that he had reflux. That is no fun. Hang in there and everything will come. It can be hard to be a first time parent and not know everything. :)