Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yeah Baby!!

So here he is! And we finally decided on a name, Solomon David Cook. We chose this name for a few different reasons. First of all it just fits him, it's also unique but not too unusual, it means "Peace" and we like that, and King Solomon was the son of King David so it's kind of a cool way to call him "David's Son."


He was born on. April 15th at 11:51pm. he was 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 19.5 inches long.

Megan went into labor yesterday morning at about 4:30am. She went most of the day with contractions about 5-7 minutes apart for 40-70 seconds each. We wanted to do most of the labor at home so we just hung out and took care of a few last things. We went out for lunch around 3:30 and when we got back her contractions increased. We got to the hospital and they measured her at 4cm at 8:50pm. At 10:25 she was measuring at 7-8cm and at 11:15 she was fully dilated. She started pushing at 11:30 and he was born just 20 minutes later. Keep in mind that Megan went through all of this without an epidural I was blown away at how tough she was and how well she did. Everything was just amazing and couldn't have gone any better.

He has been so good so far. Only fusses a little when he's hungry, but other than that he just lays there with wide open eyes taking everything in.

Now for the picture fest because this post is meant for Grandma's as well:

22 comments:

Marce said...

oh my gosh, i'm going to cry! he is absolutely perfect. congratulations megan and dave! meg: you're an all-star! i'm so proud of you for stickin to your guns. and by the way, motherhood suits you...he looks like an angel in your arms!!
p.s. i can't believe all that hair! such a stud! we can't wait to meet the little guy. again, congrats.

Michelle Williams said...

What a cutie! You look great too, Meg, not the slightest bit disheveled. I am so happy for you!

Love you!

Heidi said...

Congratulations you two!! He is gorgeous! What a little cutie, and all that hair too! You are going to love being a mom, Megan, it is simply the best! I am amazed you went through labor and delivery without any help at all, what a strong woman you are! Very admirable!!

Stocking Family said...

Congrats you guys. He is so perfect. I just can't wait until I can hold him. Way to go Megan you are my hero. Maybe next time I can go natural.
Love Ya!

Lynley said...

Congratulations!!! I think he looks like cooker! Such cute dark hair too! We're so happy for you guys!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

YEAH! He is adorable and I can't wait to see him in person, maybe this weekend!

Megan, I can't wait to hear all about it. I am soooooo proud of you. You did it! It sounds like everything went perfect, or as perfect as births go. Congrats to you both and baby!

a harper girl said...

Wow congratulations... what an adorable little boy! And look at you Megan, without an epidural, you must be Wonder Woman!

a harper girl said...

Wow Congratulations! What an adorable little boy! And look at you Megan, without an epidural, you must me Wonder Woman!

Tiffany Johnson said...

ADORABLE!!! He is so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see him again! You are a super star! Both of you! ALL of you!

Holly said...

Congratulations! He is SO adorable, I love love LOVE all of that hair! If only my babies weren't born practically bald. I'm so glad everything went well and that he's here happy and healthy. Good luck on your new journey!

melissa said...

yeah!! GOOD JOB MEGAN AND DAVE (MOSTLEY MEGAN:-) You look amazing, sounds like a great experience, and he is SOOO CUTE! What a wonderful little new life! congrats! hope you are all feeling great! wish we could be there!

Kristina said...

Congrats you two well now three. Good job on doing it all natural...What a cutie he is..

Brandon and Amy Despain said...

Congratulations! Megan- you look absolutely beautiful and I'm so impressed that you did it all naturally! I can't wait to hear the details and I hope to see you and your adorable baby soon! I hope you're doing well and I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

rogersfam said...

Congrats! Nice work guys! All natural? I couldn't do it, neither could Jamie. I think he looks like Dave. Remember your fond nights of blissful sleep, cause you won't have 'em for awhile. Happy parenting!

camille said...

OH Dave and Meagan I am sooo happy for you he is beautiful and i love the name Solomon its perfect.
Cant wait to see him and look at all that hair.
congrats.

Ceng Snowmaker(Christian) said...

Congratulations!!! Megan and Dave your parents now!!! Well have to meet up soon and see the THREE of you! Love the name sounds like someone had skiing in mind!J.K

-Christian Whipple

Anonymous said...

SO amazingly sweet !!! Congrats on the very handsome newly added Cook!

Anonymous said...

New THAT'S a cute baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S a cute baby!!! Congratrs to you two.

Tiffanie said...

Congratulations! He's so cute and I love his hair. I love his name too. It's hard to pick a name, huh? Chloe was two days old when we finally named her. Congrats again. I hope you are feeling okay, despite the sleep deprivation.

Leah said...

That is the (second) cutest baby I have ever seen! He is so darling! I can't believe all that hair! So CUTE!!!

Congratulations!!!

Great job, Megan! You're awesome.

And I love the name. It's perfect.

Jessica said...

So absolutely darling. Oh my gosh is he just so precious. I am so happy for you guys and why did you get a cute hospital gown?