Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tired.


This is the face my lil sis and I make to show we are tired without having to make the effort to actually say, "I'm tired." So there you go.

Another round of herpangina. This spring is seriously finding ways to torture me that I didn't know were possible, like Sol getting herpangina twice. This time its been worse. Poor little buddy.

Do any of you mommies get in the mode of not sleeping and then find it hard to sleep even when you can? Its like my body goes into 'awake' mode to listen for the little guy and I just never sleep. Its wearing me down. Is it too late to take an ambien at 5:00 am?

On the bright side the weather has been amazing and being outside has saved us both. Yesterday we took a nice bike ride down the lake. We stopped and threw the stick for ella. Sol loved saying "Ella!" and "Dood dirl" over and over. He even collected a few sticks himself. Thank goodness for spring.

4 comments:

melissa said...

hang in there! i understand the sleep thing-i've been there and it's totally frustrating!

Dave Cook said...

You were awake at 5am? I didn't even notice...

Jean Bean said...

Oh my dear sweet pea, I love how real you are. I hope you are able to have a really good rest. And bless your heart for noticing spring even through tired eyes. Love you so much, hon.

Marce said...

Meg,

For some reason i thought i already commented on this...apparently not. oh man, mommy brain is waaaayyyy worse than pregnancy brain :)

I'm so sorry Sol has been so sick. I'm so ready for all of this garbage to GO AWAY!!! Sick babies= misery for both mommy + baby. I've been thinking about you this last week, hoping that all is finally looking up.

Anyway, we'd love to have you guys over for dinner... are you guys busy next sunday (the 25th)? or if not sunday, is there some other day that works for you guys?? i wanna make you a yummy cuban meal. don't be afraid...it's good :)

let me know!

Sending you all a big hug.