Thursday, January 7, 2010

Solomon


I haven't written about Sol much in the last few months so I thought some of you may appreciate a post on our little sunshine. He is a delight!

  • He is a very happy and pleasant child. He loves people, loves to talk, loves to tease. He's a lot like his parents that way.
  • Sol LOVES Ella. He always greets her every morning with a "Hi Ella! Hello!" and tells her "night night" before he goes to bed. He gives her loves, throws her ball for her, and occasionally try's out some karate moves on her. When I tell him that's not nice he's quick to give her loves.
  • Sol loves books (finally!). He's starting reading to himself explaining what everything on the page is.
  • Sol has a pretty big vocabulary and its increasing daily. He constantly asks "Whats that?" and usually remembers the answer.
  • He loves cars, trucks, trains, tractors, anything with a motor really. He can make all the sound effects quite well.
  • Sol loves to say his alphabet and count to 10. He has to have help from mom and dad but we don't mind. Its amazing to see how quickly he is still developing.
  • Sol is very loving. He loves to give hugs and kisses and cuddles.
  • He loves his uncle Mike. He loves to sit on his lap and watch football and videos of Mike's cat on his phone. Whenever Sol sees anything red or with the University of Utah logo on it he says "Mike?" One time he even saw a picture of Jesus and asked "Mike?".
  • On the other hand he saw a picture of a wanted criminal on the news and asked "Daddy? Daddy?" I didn't really see the resemblance...sorry hun.
  • Sol still loves his 'baby' (blue stuffed elephant) and takes him everywhere. I have to sneak baby away to wash him as often as I can. When we recently traveled to Connecticut and Oregon baby didn't leave his side as we traveled through 7 airports. (yuck) He badly needed a washing then.
  • Sol loves his Daddy. He's tries to be just like him and I can get Sol to do about anything if I tell him Daddy would do it. He gets so excited to see him at night. It makes my heart so happy.

I know its kind of a 'brag about my kid' post but hey, I'm his mom. And like my dad once told me, "Everyone needs a mother" to praise and adore them their whole lives through.

1 comments:

Tiffany Johnson said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. I can't believe how grown up he's getting. Can you believe he's almost 2??????????????????????? crazy! Happy birthday tomorrow by the way!!!!